A few months ago, we introduced pre-built e-commerce segments—segments with predefined rules that make it easier for online sellers to target specific groups of subscribers and increase the relevance of their messaging. In our latest release, we’ve added even more pre-built segmentation options for both MailChimp and MailChimp Pro users, and we’ve made them easily accessible in the app. Let’s take a look.
As with all of MailChimp’s segments, our new pre-built segments are comprised of subscribers on your list that share a particular trait or behavior. We’ve identified 12 of the most common segmenting combinations and created them for you automatically, so you can send the right email to the right people in fewer clicks than ever before. We’ll update the pre-built segments automatically too, so your subscribers will be added to—or removed from—segments as they meet specific segmentation conditions.
When you’re ready to create your next campaign, you’ll have the option to send to a saved or pre-built segment directly from the Recipients step of the Campaign Builder. The pre-built segments will be grouped by category—Subscriber Engagement, Customer Behavior, and Demographics.
Subscriber Engagement segments
Subscriber engagement segments are based on a subscriber’s signup date and engagement levels, and are available for all MailChimp users.
- New Subscribers: Subscribers who have joined your list in the past 7 days
- Active Subscribers: Subscribers who have opened at least one of your last 5 campaigns
- Inactive Subscribers: Subscribers who have not opened any of the last 5 campaigns
Customer Behavior segments
If you’ve connected your store to MailChimp, the pre-built customer behavior segments will make it easy to use your Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce, or API 3.0 e-commerce data to send relevant emails to your customers.
- Potential Customers: Subscribers who haven’t made a purchase from your store
- Recent Customers: Customers who have purchased in the past 30 days
- First Time Customers: Subscribers who have recently made their first purchase
- Repeat Customers: Customers who have placed at least 2 orders from your store
- Lapsed Customers: Customers who haven’t purchased in the past 8 months
Demographics segments are exclusive to MailChimp Pro, and are based on age range and gender data from Pro’s Predicted Demographics feature.
- Female: Subscribers who we believe to be of the female gender
- Male: Subscribers who we believe to be of the male gender
- 35 and Under: Subscribers who we believe to be under the age of 35
- 35 and Over: Subscribers who we believe to be over the age of 35
Pre-built segments can be used with all campaign types and Automation workflows, so you can quickly target and engage your subscribers, no matter what type of email you need to send. For example, you could use pre-built segments to easily welcome new subscribers with an automated onboarding series. Or, perhaps these segments will help you target your repeat customers, so you can send a coupon to thank them for their patronage. Maybe you’ll utilize a demographic segment to promote a new item to all of the men or women on your list. Since pre-built segments work just like regular, manually-created segments, there’s no limit to how you can use them.
That’s all for now, but we’re already hard at work on our next updates. As always, we’ll be listening closely to your feedback.
A few months ago, we introduced pre-built e-commerce segments—segments with predefined rules that make it easier for online sellers to target specific groups of subscribers and increase the relevance of their messaging. In our latest release, we’ve added even more pre-built segmentation options for both MailChimp and MailChimp Pro users, and we’ve made them easily accessible …Tags: Brandon MailChimp Email Marketing BlogMailChimp Email Marketing Blog MailChimp News MailChimp Pro pre-built segments release segmentation